Friday, August 3, 2007

Is being Non-Emotional “THE THING” for this millennium?

Okay, so let’s face it – we all have thought about it for at least ONCE in our lifetime.

“FINE, I’ve had it enough! This time, I’m gonna be oh-so-non-emotional”

But the question is do we really feel that from within or is it just another emotional gesture for a less-emotional person’s emotionless reaction to your selfless act/feeling?

  • Do this species called as “The Less-emotional” or “the Non-Emotional” really exist?
  • Or are they just some deceptive form of normal, emotional human beings?
  • Can’t it be truer that some people actually LACK the art of expressing their emotional self?
  • OR
  • As in cases of most men (and at times, women) are AFRAID of being expressed (exposed emotionally) in the first place?
  • {OR Some other alien feeling (that I can’t think of right now)- ?}

Doubt No. 1: – Do these type of people also AT TIMES feel the need to express flawlessly?
If yes, isn’t that an emotion for fulfilling a practical requirement? Do they express at least this to their loved ones?
If no, have they totally surrendered to the fact(?) that they CAN’T Express?

Doubt No. 2: – Are these kind of people more emotionally vulnerable than any of us? Is it actually a fear of being transparent to others that’s more scary or it’s scarier getting emotionally rejected more pronounced?

Whatever it be, Next question is "How do we deal with such people?"

  • Is it wiser to accept them with their deceptive ‘Non-Emotional’mask?
  • Is it better to introduce them to their innerselves – gradually? (provided if they allow u nearby) OR
  • Is it better to let them hurt you emotionally for all your self less acts or feelings you have for them?

AND

Is it even worth to take a silly decision of being “Non-Emotional” as an after-effect of meeting such less-emotional people?


-Rups

Wondering what happened yesterday & why? Written at 11.45pm on 22nd July 2007 ... Bangalore

1 comment:

blakkat said...

My lady friend is a very expressive person. She says that I'm detached from my emotions. I know this is not true i just don't express my feeling very much.Well maybe it is true. I know that my upbringing has a lot to with this. I actually get frustrated at times because I want to talk about my feelings but seem to draw a blank. I just don't know how to express a lot of emotions verbally.I wish I could Because I think this would deepen our relationship. I never really talk about myself and she's bothered by that. I tell her that I'm sorry but she Tell's me I don't have to apologize. She says that she's not trying to change me, but I'm aware of the need for better communication I didn't see it growing up. My dad was very quiet didn't really say much so I know I got it from him. Looking back I can recall this being one my mom's main issues with him. I don't want to put her in that position. Maybe some counseling might help me out with this.